Art can be a wonderful gift for any occasion whether it is a Christmas gift, birthday, anniversary, baby shower, or wedding gift.
Venturing into art buying territory can be scary, but very personal and well worth the effort.
So whether you wish to add to one's art collection, or maybe start one for a friend, keep in mind a few helpful tips:
1. Keep it Small! It's easier for someone to live with and find that perfect place for a small sized piece of art.
2. Buy for their taste, not yours. Just remember it's not for you!
3. When considering buying art for a baby gift, try to pick something that the child can grow with and appreciate throughout different stages.
4. It's always nice to know if the recipient has any specific interests, but don't get caught up with being too particular.
5. The gift doesn't need to have a theme at all. Try to think outside of the box and consider a beautiful landscape or something that appeals to a future together which opens the options quite a lot (a landscape or waterscape are lovely and can have significance as well).
6. Be brave and go with your instinct. Nine times out of 10 you'll always come back to that option which was your first choice. It always happens. Don't fight it (but look around anyway to satisfy yourself that you looked hard).
7. To help guide you a little bit, try to think about what the recipient has in their home in terms of style. Do they tend to go for more vintage furniture or contemporary? It's not always the case, but sometimes this will help gauge their taste in art. A good clue might be to investigate the colour palette they have used in their home (painted walls). Any artworks they may have commented on in your home can give you an idea of what they might like as well.
8. Do not get too many opinions on the gift! Everyone has different tastes and certainly different opinions. Don't allow yourself to become overwhelmed with everyone's input. Buy it and stand firm.
9. You don't always have to present the recipient with a finished framed piece of art. There is nothing wrong with giving an unframed canvas or paper work. Perfectly acceptable as it still shows thought and perhaps the person will want to leave that canvas unframed anyway!
10. Lastly, Artsy Home has thousands of artworks for you to browse. Think about who your gift is for and find the perfect gift.
Click here for details on Featured artwork image above