EquiArt-n-More - Stylistic Realism In Oils
Kerry Nelson Artists Profile
Kerry Nelson has been an artist her entire life and has always painted and drawn horses since she was a small child. She is predominately self- taught and sold and exhibited work for many years before attending art school. Kerry graduated from the Art Institute of Dallas with an Associate of Applied Arts in Visual Communications. She also studied art at New Mexico State University in Alamogordo, NM, at Weatherford College, TX, and also at Tarrant County Junior College in Fort Worth, TX.
Kerry has drawn and painted semi-professionally for more than 25 years, doing commissioned portraits and selling work at the occasional art fair and local street festival. Her style is highly realistic with areas of intricate detailing combined with areas of more impressionist rendering. When she talks of her work, Kerry says of her style; "I like to think my work is a blending of sharp photo-realism with the looser, more expressive impressionism, and finally stamped with my own unique character. As such, my work is more accurately described as stylistic-realism; a more romantic, idealized, and (sometimes) more fantastical interpretation of reality.
Most of the work Kerry sells online is small format works under 14 inches in size, and, larger works up to 36x48 are offered locally. Kerry paints with professional quality CAS Alkyd Pro oil paints on a variety of hand-made or ready-made supports. All work are fully signed, titled, and, dated on the backs and each is sold unframed unless specifically noted as framed.
* EBSQart Plus juried member
* Member International Equine Artists
* Participating artist in MuralMosaic's, "Le Cadeau du Cheval - The Horse Gift" mural
* Year's Best ACEO Awards 2008 3rd place Dark Art for "Raven's Run
* Saginaw Artists Association, first place, Apr. 2007 "WT - The Cache"
* NorthWest Artists Association, first place Mar. 2007 "WT- Narrow Escape"
* Saginaw Artists Association, first place Dec. 2006 "The Rendevous"
* Harness Racing Hall of Fame, Commissioned portrait of Horse of the Year, KA Kerry.
* Juror's Choice Award, Spring Art Competition, Lake Worth, TX for "God and the Devil".
* Watermedia Purchase Award, Mayfest, Fort Worth, TX for "Nightmare Flow"
* Best of Show, The Art Corner Gallery, 1st Annual Art in the Area Competition for "Desert Sunbather"
* International Exhibition of Fine Art, United Council of Artists, Ruidoso, NM for "Desert Sunbather" traveling juried exhibition
* Cottonwood Art Festival, Richardson, TX
Kerry’s artwork can be seen and purchased at these sites;
•www.KerryOriginals.blogspot.com my art blog
•www.KerryOriginals.com small original artworks on Ebay
•www.KerryOriginals.etsy.com original artworks, open edition prints, and, signed/numbered limited edition prints
•www.ebsqart.com search under artists; Kerry Nelson